Thursday, January 6, 2011

Going to Mexico!


Dear Family and Friends,

Happy New Year!! I hope you all are doing well. The Lord has given me a great opportunity to travel to Reynosa (a border town in Mexico) with the Ruiz family. In this town there is no indoor plumbing or electricity. Houses are built from wooden pallets that have been scavenged from the nearby garbage dump. Other families live in cars. Some parents have made the decision to stay living in these rough conditions because moving to a sophisticated town- with indoor plumbing and electricity- would force both mom and dad to work everyday for 16 hours a day because of poor paying jobs.

The Bible says in Deuteronomy 15:7, “If there is a poor man among you, one of your brothers, in any of the towns of the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand to your poor brother; but you shall freely open your hand to him, and generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks.”

(Little boy sells plastic bags for his family)

And in Galatians 6:8, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”

In order to obey these commands, we will be building very modest one room houses on cement slabs and roofs of tin and plywood for exterior walls. Despite this being Mexico it does get cold. The cost of building these houses is $3000. We are asking that you would team up with us in sponsoring a house, helping us with our travel expenses or both. Thankfully, we have been given free lodging with a missionary family living near the border on the U.S. side. We will be on this trip from February 4-16.

This will be my first missions trip! My goal is to reach around $400. I am asking anyone who is able to contribute to give either monetarily or through prayer. Anything you can give will help. Even a small donation goes a long way and will be greatly appreciated and a huge blessing.

I am very excited about this and ask for your prayers of protection and blessing during this time. Pray that these people will see the love of Jesus Christ and turn to the Lord for salvation.

In Christ,
Janai Fuentes   

If you would like to donate, click on the "Donate" button below--



3 comments:

Kassie Burke said...

I will talk to my mom about donating, sense I don't have a debit/credit card right now. We don't have alot of money right now sense my dad is going into ministy and doesn't have a job, job yet but I am sure we can scrape up something or I can pull from my savings. I would love to help... I know how important it is to help a brother... they are princes and princess too down there. I'll let you know soon...

In Christ,
Kassie

Far Above Rubies said...

I'm so excited for you.

I'd like to stay posted by following your blog.

May God richly bless you with everything you need in preparation for this trip.

God bless you,

Mrs. Jasmine Cucuta

A Set Apart Girl said...

This is so exciting Janai! I pray that the Lord blesses you in your pursuit to reach the lost :)

And I will see about sending something to you :)

Talyn