Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry CHRISTmas Everyone!!



"If our greatest need had been information, God would have sent us an educator. 
If our greatest need had been technology, God would have sent us a scientist. 
If our greatest need had been money, God would have sent us an economist. 
If our greatest need had been pleasure, God would have sent us an entertainer. 

But our greatest need was forgiveness, so God sent us a Savior."




Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!  
~Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers, 1836

 

"Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity

Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see"
-Brandon Heath, Give Me Your Eyes




"So here's my lifelong wish,
My grown-up christmas list.
Not for myself,
But for a world in need.

No more lives torn apart,
That wars would never start,
And time would heal all hearts.
And everyone would have a friend,
And right would always win,
And love would never end.
This is my grown-up christmas list."


"You Were Meant To Be Touching
The Lives That You Touch
And Meant To Be Here
Making This World So Much More
Than It Would Be Without You In It


You Were Meant To Be Bringing
The Gifts That You Bring
And Singing The Songs
You’ve Been Given To Sing


You Are Perfectly, Wonderfully,
Beautifully Meant To Be
You Were Meant To Be" 
-Steven Curtis Chapman, Meant To Be

No comments: