Friday, April 17, 2009

Books on My List '09

Here's a list of books that I'm thinking about reading this year. If you've read any of these books, tell me what you've thought about it, if it's worth reading (why or why not), and if you recommend any other books, tell me the book(s) then tell me why you recommend it. All right?

Here's the list:

1. I Kissed Dating Goodbye- Joshua Harris

2. Be the Change- Zack Hunter

3. Generation Change- Zack Hunter

4. Pure- Rebecca St. James

5. The Hiding Place (the story of Corrie Ten Boom)

6. The Hidden Hand

7. Cobwebs and Cables

Now some books I recommend to you are:

1. The Bible (nothing beats it!)

2. Do Hard Things- Alex and Brett Harris

3. One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven- Mark Cahill

4. Jesus Freaks(both books) - DC Talk

"It is a masterpiece of the devil to make us believe that children cannot understand religion. Would Christ have made a child the standard of faith if He had known that it was not capable of understanding His words?"-Dwight L. Moody

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read."-Mark Twain

5 comments:

Steve said...

Good list of books Janai. And I really like the quote from Moody.

One of my favorite books is "The Calvary Road" by Roy Hession. We have it, so no need to buy it, just read it! :)

-Dad (the one who needs help this week remodeling your Mom's kitchen!)

Anonymous said...

I have read the 'Hiding Place' by Corrie Ten Boom, it is a wonderful book! You should definitely read that one. And my Mom has read 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye' by Joshua Harris, and she said it was very good. She said it is more for older girls/boys though (15+). So, I haven't read that one yet! But I definitely will in the future. Have a great day!
In Christ,
Sarah Grace

Kyla Denae said...

I read I Kissed Dating Goodbye, and own it actually. It is a wonderful book! It really makes things clear about why dating is a bad idea, etc. :)

HannahBanana said...

Ihave read 'Spurs for Susanna',and it is really good!It is by Betty Cavanna,and the setting is around the '50's.Another good boook is 'Trail Boss in Pigtails',and it is by Marjorie Filley Stover.The setting is the 1800's.

Rachel Carns said...

The Hidden Hand is definitely a good book and I would highly recommend it.
It is the story about Ira Warfield and how he comes to know about Capitola and her confusing and interesting past.
Well, have a great day.